Sunday, October 3, 2010

So long, summer. I love you. More than you'll ever know

It's finally over. Summer has come and gone. We'll occasionally get the day in the upper 80s, maybe 90s...In October, we'll probably get an "Indian Summer" where it's hot for a whole week.  But, for all intensive purposes, it's gone.  This is always the saddest part of the year for me because I love Spring and Summer so much.  For the last time this year, I would like to share my favorite movie clip of all time:



To see the pools closing and the grass turning brown just kills me.  And the temperatures...What can I say? I get cold easily.  I'm just a wittle guy.  My entire family is small.  Maybe we're descendants of South American rain forest tree house dwellers. Alabama was suppose to solve the cold weather dilemma for me, but I think I'll have to keep moving south.  Jackets don't belong in my wardrobe.  Neither do scarfs, winter hats, or mittens. Either way, I've got my eyes on some warmer locals...Looking at you, New Zealand.

Having fewer hours of daylight stinks.  Having to bundle up in 5 layers (Charlie Jones can attest to this) stinks. Being an even pastier white dude with the lack of sufficient sun rays, stinks.

Yeah, the Holidays are alright.  College football is cool.  But i prefer swimming pools, road trips, baseball games, tank tops, and sunglasses.

I'll get over this.  I always do.  But it will take time.  About 6 months to be exact.   

1 comment:

ems said...

Today's high in Christchurch, NZ is 63. Try closer to the equator.