Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quick Hits

Another day; another useless sack full of thoughts.
  • I started sweating yesterday while walking back to my car!  This is good news, gang.  It's been so cold this winter that the only bodily fluid I was dealing with outside was snot and the risk of that snot freezing to my face while I walked.  
  • Red Bull is a heck of a drug. Yes, I said 'drug.'  That stuff will definitely give you wings; it will also likely give you heart palpitations. Party on, sleep deprivation.  Party on.
  • This is a picture of an otter.  I was thinking I needed a picture for this post, and then I thought, "I like animals.  Otters are pretty cool."  Went to Google; did a search; boom.
  • The Beatles suck.  I've always said that.  The Rolling Stones were so much better.  
  • The men's bathroom on the bottom floor of Gorgas Library at UA is way too small.  It is nearly impossible to not offend or be offended by someone due to the invasion of  personal bubbles. 
  • I'm still contemplating what to do about my "online presence."  Multiple employers, family members and professors have encouraged me to analyze my blog and consider if it's worth the risk of alienating or offending future employers.  Obviously, the answer today is, "Yes." 
THINGS IN THE OVEN
--I'm excited about 2 future posts. The first was recommended to me by Patrick Spence, the founder, writer, and curator of Baseball IronDad.  He asked me if I had seen the movie 'Stroker Ace.'  It is about a NASCAR driver (Burt Reynolds) who is awesome.  I have not seen it, but I will this weekend.  He said it is certainly worth a post, and he has never steered me wrong.
--The next post in the works I have been thinking about for a while.  It's uncanny how similar the minds of Patrick Spence and myself work sometimes.  Just a few days ago, he sent me a text with the very same post idea:  UNC vs. South Carolina.  Which is the real 'Carolina'?  You'll have to wait for all the details, but I will tell you this right now.  With all due respect to my South Carolina alumni friends, it isn't even close.  Consider athletics briefly:  South Carolina has one national championship amongst ALL of their athletic teams since their inception (Baseball, 2010).  UNC has 21 in women's soccer alone and 5 in men's basketball.  It only gets worse for the Gamecocks.  Can't wait to enlighten you.

No comments: