Sunday, February 13, 2011

They want a piece of this

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed dogs barking when I walked to my car.  They are large, angry creatures--perhaps German Shepherds, Great Danes, Rottweilers or Wolves.

Sometime last week, it occurred to me that nearly every time I'm walking to my car, those two dogs are barking.  They're behind a wooden fence.  The fence is fairly new and has very little space in between the boards.  All I can see is flashes of sharp white teeth dashing back and forth.  I thought to myself, those dogs bark all the time.  Don't they ever get tired???

And then today...I noticed that I never hear them when I'm inside. You may think that's not unusual, but my apartment is basically built out of popsicle sticks and insulated like a tent.  I hear everything that goes on outside.  I walked to the window in my kitchen (I'm on the second floor) and saw the two beasts laying there contently; no barking.  And then I thought to myself, "Those dogs hardly ever bark when I'm inside.  But I when I'm outside...."  Could it be that those K-9 killers want a piece of me?  Obviously I had to experiment.  So, I walked outside and popped my head around the corner of the building.  No lie--On cue, those rabid animals that must surely have a lust for blood, started barking and going nuts.  I went back inside, and they stopped.  10 minutes later, I was leaving to go to the gym, and they started barking wildly again. 

Coincidence?  I hope so.

If not; I hope that fence holds up. 

No comments: