Saturday, June 19, 2010

Background Noise

If you listen to enough country music, which I obviously do, you'll notice the voice of Vince Gill in strange places.  I thought about that this morning when I was listening to the radio and a Patty Loveless song came on.  Who's angelic voice was that in the background?  I thought it was "Gilly," but I used the world wide net web to verify my hunch.  Indeed, Vince is the one that provides heavenly harmony in the song I heard and several others.

Homeboy has a stellar solo career, but he still does background vocals because that's what he grew up doing.  I found some more info on "CountryHound.com" (who starts these websites???).  Anyway, Gill said "I generally don't turn down anything if I'm available, and that's because I did it for a lot of years. That's how I fed my family and paid for a house."

If you listen to country music, you would have heard Gill singing background for Carrie Underwood in "I told You So," Red Headed Reba in "Is there life out there?," Patty Loveless in "Timber, I'm Falling in Love," Sara Evans in "No Place That Far," and CONWAY frickin' TWITTY in "That's My Job."  Conway Twitty is such another fantastic topic.

Lastly, for one of the most awesome country music videos check out this link to One More Last Chance by Gill.  Watch out for the Possum King, George Jones towards the end.

No comments: