Sunday, June 27, 2010

Come on in, the sauna's fine

I had just finished up a workout at the UA campus recreation center when I heard something that really disturbed me.

There's a sauna in the locker room that is frequented mostly by older folks at the gym.  I don't think younger folks like the sauna less; it's just that the younger crowd isn't as comfortable being naked in front of other naked dudes.  Therefore, the more mature fellas dominate the sauna in all their glory.

Friday was no different.  Two senior citizens had the sauna on lock-down when two younger guys (i'm guessing freshman or sophomores) decided to head in with there shirts and shorts on.  That's when I heard the following quote from one of the seniors inside that I'll refer to as "Floppy".
"Come on in boys.  You're going to need to lose those clothes, though."
Maybe it's just me, but when I heard that I immediately thought that if someone said that to me, I would not "come in."  I would in fact "go right out" as quickly as possibly.  This is not about homophobia or sexual preference.  That's a creepy quote, I don't care who you are. 

No comments: