Thursday, July 29, 2010

(Don't) Call 591-5555


Any fellow Walnut Cove native could tell you about the woman with the phone number 591-5555.  Anytime you had a sleep-over or some extra time on your hands, you could call 591-5555 for a good time.  By a good time, I mean an older woman would yell profanity at you until you got embarrassed, tired from laughing, or frightened. 

There were multiple methods you could use to get her started, but we found out that no matter what, she would yell obscenities at you sooner or later.  One time a friend called and said, "Heyyyyy!  How in the world are you!  I would just love to see you!" ....5 second break in the action.... "Who are you, you little sh*t, and what the [heck] do you want?"

We loved it.  I don't know who figured it out first, but she never disappointed.  I'm pretty sure my entire middle school called her on a regular basis.  She always obliged...with offensive quips and one-liners.

No comments: