Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadduh: Camp Awesomeness

At the UNC Faculty and Staff Recreation Association Summer Youth Camp, I am amused every day.  Most of the time, I get my kicks from one of my all-time favorite campers who I won't name, because we're not suppose to play favorites...right.

Everything this ten-year-old girl says is gold.  She was teaching me a million card games when I asked her, "How do you know all these card games?"  Instantly, she responded with this little gem:  "I learned them in juvey."  Nothing beats a good juvenile delinquency joke.

On Tuesday, I found out she won't be at camp next week.  I asked her, "what in the world am I going to do next week without you here to party with me?"  She said, "I guess you'll have to find some other psycho to laugh at."  She didn't even know about my love for the word 'psycho.' Awesome.

Also on Tuesday, a nine year old dude said "give me some money," to which I promptly responded, "absolutely not."  He said, "you will if you know what's good for you."  I said, "how about I give you 10 minutes out of the pool?" to which he responded, "I did NOT think that one through."  He then walked away and immediately asked a pool facility patron who he had never met for money....and he got it from her.  Turd.

No comments: