Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's your plan???

"What's your plan?"  "What's next?"  "What are you going to do with that?"  "What would you like to do?"  I'm tired of those questions.  They make me want to give good people a serving of "knuckle sandwich" with a side of "elbow soup." 

I think we all get those questions a lot, and tonight I was thinking they're no good.  Especially, the "what would you like to do?"

Every time I've ever had a plan, things have changed.  Things weren't as I expected or how I thought they would be.  A couple of times I've met people that have helped changed my perspective or people that made me consider another "plan." 

Anyway, I don't stress about it anymore.  In fact, since I moved back to North Carolina after my stint in Arkansas back in 2008, I haven't stressed about hardly anything.  Now I'm in Alabama, kind of just floating.  Contrary to what some may say, I do believe God has a plan for me and everyone else, so I'll just keep doing what I think I'm suppose to be doing at the moment and hold on for the ride.  This is the closest thing I do to getting stressed these days:  I reflect on what's done, look at what's next, get kind of confused, and then write about it.  Rinse.  Repeat.

As far as, "What would you like to do?"  Well that's easy.  I would like to move to the beach, quit working and school forever, and party--Hard...And that's how I know, that answering that question is not a good way for me to figure out what's next in my life.  I'll pray instead, thank you.

No comments: